Monday, August 9, 2010

Memories of ramadan



Ramadan is coming back, a lot of memories about Ramadan. I had learn fast since six years old. At the age I just can fasting only half day. My mom say “it’s okay, nice try”. The next and next day I try to fasting full day, and trial successful. Fasting in the next year, I have almost a full month of fasting. That, story is during my first try to fasting.

Next, I want to story about my fasting during I was school at Technique, went I was study at technique it was the first time I fasting far from my family. Happy causes can fasting break with my friends and sad cannot fasting break with my family. But it is a great experience, breaking the fast with food provided. I cannot choose a food, it is very different went I at home, at home I can tell my mom what food I want to eat. During Ramadan my father always make a juice such as, watermelon juice, orange juice and apple juice. My father say, that juice is good for our health, especially during Ramadan; our body lost a lot of water and nutrition. So, juice is very good to balance our metabolism.

watermelon juice

Our fasting break is not complete without date. Date is very familiar with fast, date is the name of the fruit of the Date Palm, which is believed to have originated somewhere in the desert oases of northern Africa and, perhaps, southwest Asia. The people of the Middle East have consumed dates, as a part of their staple diet, since centuries, mainly owing to its high nutritional value. Apart from being rich in natural fibers, dates also comprise of a lot of other nutrients, like oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, magnesium, etc. In fact, it is said that one date is a minimum of a balanced and healthy diet. In the following lines, we have listed the various health and nutrition benefits of eating dates. So, not loss if we start our fasting breaks with date.



Next bad experience during Ramadan is when I was in university, my friend and I just “sahur” with maggi and cool water. It is a bad and new experience here. Different when I at technique school. There, all of the food for “sahur” is provided. But here I have to survive to find a food for “sahur”. What is interesting here is “Bazar Ramadan” at yard of “Dataran sri Bendehara”. Various of food sold here, dishes and “kuih muih”, but not same with dishes and “ kuih” make from my mom. But, I still enjoy fasting here.


I can not wait for the Ramadan coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment